we typically reply within minutes
07 Oct, 2022
If you're looking for some great ways to use Alexa to control your smart home, you're in luck. Here are 10 of the best Alexa skills for smart home operations.
When we talk about Amazon Alexa, the first thing that comes to our mind is a smart speaker. But Amazon Alexa is much more than that. It is an AI assistant that can be found on several Amazon devices like the Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Fire TV Stick, etc. Alexa skills are basically voice-driven apps that allow you to do a lot of things with just your voice. With these skills, you can play music, get news updates, book a taxi, order food, and a lot more.
At present, there are more than 100,000 Alexa skills available in the market. And the number is only going to increase in the future. So, if you are thinking about getting an Alexa device, then you should definitely check out the skills that are available. We hope you find this blog helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Skills are like apps for your Alexa device. They give your device new abilities, such as the ability to play music from Pandora or the ability to order a pizza from Domino’s. Skills are developed by Amazon and third-party developers. To use a skill, you first need to enable it.
To do this, open the Alexa app on your mobile device and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines). Tap Skills, then search for the skill you want to use.
Once you find it, tap Enable Skill. If the skill you want to use requires you to link your account (for example, your Pandora or Uber account), you'll be prompted to do this when you first enable the skill.
Once you've enabled a skill, you can use it by asking Alexa. For example, you can say "Alexa, play Pandora" or "Alexa, order a pizza from Domino's."
To disable a skill, open the Alexa app on your mobile device and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines).
Tap Skills, then find the skill you want to disable. TapDisable Skill.
The Amazon Echo and Echo Dot have become extremely popular in recent years, thanks in part to the growing number of "skills" that are available to them. These skills allow you to do everything from controlling your smart home devices to ordering a pizza. Here are 10 of the best skills for smart home operations:
There are a lot of different things that you can do with Alexa and your smart home. Here are the 10 best Alexa skills for smart home operations:
1. Turn on/off lights: Alexa gives you comfort in turning on/off the lights of the home according to your direction. Just say, “Alexa, on the kitchen lights.” It will start all the lights in your kitchen.
2. Adjusting the AC temperature: Smart AC is connected with Alexa. Just operate your AC controls with voice-enabled Alexa.
4. Setting alarms and timers: Waking upto Alexa alarms is best. Put timers or alarms according to your daily routine.
5. Adding items to your shopping list: Want to shop from Amazon pantry? Well, you can shop with the help of Alexa. Dictate your shopping list to Alexa. It will save your shopping list and order from Amazon at your direction.
6. Checking the weather: Alexa gives you all the updates about weather reports. Ask Alexa to share the weather report for today and it will give you all the needful information.
7. Playing music: One of the best ways to use Alexa is for playing music. Alexa is integrated into third-party apps like Spotify and Gaana apps. Just say, “Alexa, play a podcast on meditation on Spotify.” It will start playing for you.
8. Controlling your TV: Smart TVs are connected through wi-fi and also integrate with Alexa. Just say, “Alexa, turn on the TV.” It will turn on for you. Or just say, “Alexa, change the channel number to xx.” It will change channels too.
9. Ordering a pizza: You can integrate third-party applications with Alexa like Domino's and order a pizza for yourself. Just say, “Alexa, order a pizza from Domino’s.” It will direct you to the ordering menu and let you place an order for your pizza.
10. Calling an Uber: One of the smartest things Alexa can do for you call a cab. Connect Uber to your Alexa skills. Next time finding a cab on a way to the airport, just say, “Alexa, book uber to go to the airport.” Your cab is booked!
So, here are 10 Alexa skills you can use to operate your smart home. You can also do multiple other things to enjoy the best time at home with your loved ones. Make your home smarter and more efficient using Alexa skills.